THANKSGIVING BASKETS and FEAST OF ASSEMBLY
We will be sharing in an Interfaith Thanksgiving meal with guests from
Hindu and Muslim communities immediately following worship on
Sunday, Nov. 22. WGCC will be providing turkeys and beverages, and
WGCC members and friends are asked to bring salads or your favorite
meatless Thanksgiving side dishes to share. Our guests will be bringing Thanksgiving favorites from their families and traditions. Please plan to join us for food, community, and relationship building!
Last year, WGCC served family-to-family by creating Thanksgiving baskets for 15 families through Webster-Rock Hill Ministries. Continuing its commitment to see that many families as possible have a bountiful feast on Thanksgiving, WRHM is offering an opportunity to show abundance again. This year our challenge at WGCC will be to fill baskets for 20 families. So how can you be a part of the sharing?
- Let Beth Cooley or Pat Roseman know that you would be willing to adopt-a-family by filling a basket. Consider sharing with another family to fill a basket.
- Donate new reusable shopping bags to fill for the family baskets.
- Make a donation for $15 or $25 gift card from Shop ‘n Save or Schnucks or cash donation to the church for purchase of gift cards. Please see Beth, Pat or Steve Staicoff for more details.
- Join us after worship on November 22 for the “Feast of Assembly”, where we will share a meal together and assemble Thanksgiving baskets; then deliver baskets to local families.
- Donate any or all items to be used to fill baskets by November 15.