|This workshop is an outreach of the Reconciliation Ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). As one of its top four priorities, Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism (PRAR) is intimately tied to the church’s mission to be a church that demonstrates true community, deep Christian spirituality and a passion for justice. This initiative seeks to nurture the wholeness of the church through educating and engaging congregational leaders to dismantle systemic racism and other oppressive structures.|
Who should attend? Clergy, youth and children’s ministry staff/volunteers, young adults, church boards, elders, deacons and pastoral search committees. Continuing Education Units are available for clergy. Check box on registration form or online for CEU.
Attendees will learn to:
- Name and understand key terms/concepts related to racism
- Describe contemporary and historic examples of institutional racism, white privilege, civil and human rights in the U.S.
- Articulate a biblical foundation for justice ministry
- Engage in informed dialogue about current issues of racism and reconciliation in the U.S. and in local communities
- Develop personal and community-based “Next Steps” to address systemic racism in participants’ own communities.
Event + Friday night lodging: $65; includes lodging, bedding, towels, lunch, materials.
Registration Due: Friday, June 24, 2016
|Printable Registration Form, Scholarship Application and Bulletin insert are available on our website: http://www.center4ministry.org/prar.html|